THE CSEP-CPT REGISTRATION AND CERTIFICATION PROCESS IS AS FOLLOWS
1. Complete the application form.
2. Use the CSEP core competencies vs UBCO HK template to complete the course competency chart within the application form:
3. Include a copy of your University transcripts, current CPR-C certification and copy of your first- aid certificate (does not have to be current). Scan and send the entire document (Application, Transcripts, CPR-C, and First Aid) as one e-file to email@example.com or send it via regular mail to the address at the bottom of the application form. Registration admin fee is $35 plus tax.
4. Make sure you have a copy of the CSEP-PATH manual AND CPT study guide.
Some CSEP-PATH manuals are still available in the bookstore or online, the CPT study guide is available online
5. You must make your own arrangements to write the theory at a Person Vue test centre
http://www.pearsonvue.com/vtclocator/ search under - Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology CSEP.
ON YOUR APPLICATION FORM YOU ARE APPPLING FOR ATTENDANCE AT A WORKSHOP:
Requirements for taking the CPT course are:
All students must purchase the CSEP-CPT resources (CSEP-PATH and CPT Certification Guide) in advance of the course, available to order through the CSEP national office bookstore.
The Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) is proud to present this 2013CSEP-Physical Activity Training for Health (CSEP-PATH), the exciting result of a comprehensive overhaul and update of the 2003 Canadian Physical Activity, Fitness and Lifestyle Approach (CPAFLA). With a new title, new process and a wealth of new content, the CSEP-PATH delivers the kind of comprehensive, evidence-based resource needed to support the training and work of qualified exercise professionals including CSEP Certified Personal Trainers? (CSEP-CPTs) and CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologists? (CSEP-CEPs).
This guide will assist all candidates in their preparation in obtaining the most professional and highly regarded personal training certification in Canada. As a candidate with formal academic training in the subject area this study guide will assist candidates to prepare for the CSEP Certified Personal Trainer? certification. Contents include: the scope of practice for a CSEP-CPT; a description of the certification process (i.e. prerequisites and required core competencies); sample theory exam questions, practical exam format, and exercise prescription case studies. For more information about becoming a CSEP Certified Personal Trainer?, visit
Last reviewed 6/18/2015 9:19:01 AM
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email or call me.
Gareth R. Jones PhD CSEP-CEP
School of Health and Exercise Sciences
Faculty of Health and Social Development
The University of British Columbia
Tel: 250 807 8102
Fax: 250 807 8085