Deputy Vice-Chancellor Scholarships for International Students
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor Scholarship (DVC) for International student replaces the Trek Excellence scholarships (TES) for students on the Okanagan campus. Scholarships are based on academic achievement in the previous year and are awarded in the following levels:
Average of 90% or greater - $1,500
Average of 85% to 89.99% - $1,000
Average of 80% to 84.99% - $500
- Students must have registered in at least 80% of a full-time course load in both terms in the previous Winter session.
- Students must be registered in a minimum 24 credits in the current Winter session (12 credits per term). Please Note: to be considered for other scholarships in future years, students must be registered in a minimum 27 credits during the Winter session.
- Students with a failed course in their previous Winter session are not eligible.
- Audited, wait-listed, and summer courses do not count toward credit requirements and are not used in the calculation of GPA.
- GPA is calculated using the sessional average (grades from all eligible credits).
- Students in the Faculty of Education are not eligible for this scholarship but continue to be eligible for faculty-recommended scholarships.
How do I receive my award?
- You do not need to apply for this award. All eligible continuing International students are automatically considered for the DVC Scholarship for International Students.
- You will be notified by email of your eligibility in late August.
- The award will be applied directly to your tuition and fees account.
- Full award and installment details will be available through the Student Service Centre.
What if I'm on exchange?
- Students on exchange who earned a DVC scholarship in the previous academic session will receive their scholarship during their exchange year, provided they are registered in a minimum 12 credits in their non-exchange term. Students on a year exchange are considered to be full-time for both terms and will receive their DVC award in one or two installments depending on the level of their award.
- To be considered for a DVC Scholarship when you return from your exchange, you must submit your transcript to Student Services & Financial Support by September 30. You will not automatically be considered for this award during your exchange year.
Last reviewed 8/18/2014 8:56:55 AM