How does the policy work?
For Policy 72 to work, both UBC and its students have important roles to play.
The University must be responsive and responsible.
UBC's role is to:
- Provide financial support according to Policy 72's guiding principles
- Offer students clear information about the available funding
- Deliver support in a timely fashion so students can meet their costs
- Advocate on our students' behalf to ensure that government financial support programs meet the needs of students
- Regularly report our activities to ensure that we are fulfilling our role
Students must be proactive.
Policy 72 is not a blanket guarantee of funding. As a student, you
need to have a clear understanding of your responsibilities and take the
steps necessary to access all available resources. This includes:
- Talking with your family about support
- Applying for government student loans
- Demonstrating financial need
- Meeting deadlines for funding programs
- Ensuring you are taking the minimum number of courses required for support
- Maintaining a good credit history
Last reviewed 3/3/2011 1:59:01 PM