If you have questions about meeting your degree requirements or wish to discuss exchange courses, the advisors identified for your faculty/department are familiar with UBCO degree structures and Go Global and will be happy to assist you as much as they can.
What they do:
- Approve courses after you have been matched to a partner University, not before you've applied to Go Global
- Review Partner University Courses
- Look at your UBCO degree requirements
- Determine what courses you will need to take when you return
What they will not do:
- Will not review an extensive list of courses. Aim for 6-7 courses per term abroad.
- Will not approve courses immediately. Please allow time for approvals.
When meeting with your advisor, please come with the following information:
- As much information as you can find for each course you plan on taking (course description, URL, etc.)
- Credit equivalency for your partner university.
- Credit equivalency is found on the partner page (i.e. 6 ANU credit points = 4 UBCO credits)
- Length of your exchange (i.e. 1 term, full year, etc.)
The following Programs REQUIRE that you approve your courses prior to leaving on Exchange:
- Human Kinetics
***It is highly recommended for Art/Fine Arts if you have specific credit or year level needed (i.e. 3rd year at the partner does not always mean upper level at UBCO)***
Below is are links to the names and contact information for Program Advisors .
Last reviewed 4/26/2013 1:37:54 PM