South Campus Assault Update
March 7, 2015
UBC RCMP have been in contact with Transit Police about an alleged assault on SkyTrain in Richmond on the morning of Mar. 5.
Some media have reported a possible link between that incident and the Feb. 22 assault on South Campus. At this time, UBC RCMP do not believe there is any connection between the two incidents. The investigation into the Feb. 22 assault is continuing. If you have any information about that incident, please contact UBC RCMP at 604-224-1322.
Campus Security and the RCMP remain vigilant in protecting the safety of students, faculty and staff and the UBC community.
Personal safety tips are available here: http://security.ubc.ca/content/personal-security
Important phone numbers
- AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC) 604.827.5180
- Resources for student sexual assault survivors
- Resources for faculty/staff sexual assault survivors
- RCMP Victim Services 604.224.1322
- Employee Family Assistance Plan [EFAP] 1.800.663.1142
- UBC programs to promote respect and diversity
- Archive — 2013 sexual assaults
- Safety measures you can take
- Vancouver Campus Safety Working Group
- Campus Safety Alert — May 1, 2016
- Campus Safety Alert — Mar. 26, 2016
- Campus Safety Alert — Jul. 14, 2015
- Campus Safety Update — May 6, 2015
- Assault allegations in The Ubyssey — Apr. 1, 2015
- UBC RCMP are investigating an assault near Totem Park Residence — Mar. 18, 2015
- South Campus Assault Update — Mar. 7, 2015