UBC-led research team finds nine new coronavirus species
A former UBC post-doctoral research fellow led an international research team in re-analyzing all public RNA sequencing data to uncover almost ten times more RNA viruses than were previously known, including several new species of coronaviruses in some unexpected places. Read More
For all the latest UBC News, including releases by beat area, features, Q and A’s, Opinions and more, visit UBC News.
- Jan. 20 - Here’s why whales don’t drown when they gulp down food underwater
- Jan. 18 - Nearly half of countries’ shared fish stocks are on the move due to climate change, prompting dispute concerns
- Jan. 18 - Sunflowers’ invisible colours help them attract bees and adapt to drought
- Jan. 17 - UBC experts on Pfizer antiviral treatment for COVID-19
- Jan. 14 - UBC experts on Black Excellence Day