Your local sea snail might not make it in warmer oceans – but oysters will
The frilled dog winkle may sound like a complex knot for a tie, but this local sea snail holds clues to our warmer future, including a dire outlook for species that can’t move, adapt, or acclimate as fast as their environment heats up. Read More
For all the latest UBC News, including releases by beat area, features, Q and A’s, Opinions and more, visit UBC News.
- Nov. 27 - Great UBC Bug Bake Off to serve up insect delights
- Nov. 27 - Stem cell-based treatment controls blood sugar in people with Type 1 diabetes
- Nov. 22 - Graduate channels broken NHL dreams into pioneering research on youth concussion care
- Nov. 20 - UBC Vancouver’s snow removal team prepares for action
- Nov. 16 - World-leading scientists named Canada Excellence Research Chairs at UBC