UBC study links slot-machine addiction to immersion in the game
Gamblers who feel like they enter into a trance while playing slot machines are more likely to have gambling problems, according to new research from the Centre for Gambling Research at UBC. Read More
For all the latest UBC News, including releases by beat area, features, Q and A’s, Opinions and more, visit UBC News.
- Feb. 20 - UBC study links slot-machine addiction to immersion in the game
- Feb. 17 - Yeast found in babies’ guts increases risk of asthma
- Feb. 16 - International students’ concept of “home” shapes post-graduation plans
- Feb. 14 - Tiny magnetic implant offers new drug delivery method
- Feb. 1 - Older Canadians skip meds due to cost, putting them at risk for complications